I love yard sales, both having them and going to them! It’s like a treasure hunt for me. You never know what you’re going to find! I know it isn’t the typical time for yard sales at it’s too cold out in most states. But, here in Hawaii, yard sales happen year round! We haven’t been in a while, but finally went last saturday, and we’re going again in the morning! Here are a few TIPS for all of you Yard Sale shoppers!
1. Bring a lot of dollar bills! If you want to offer a lower price for something, it’s best if you have dollar bills to pay it. Say you want to offer $5 on a $10 item. If they see you have a $10 bill, why would they want to take less? You can’t use the excuse of “I just have $5 left” if you’re paying with a $10 or $20!
2. If you see something you like PICK IT UP! Don’t wait as you “think about it”, because someone may walk up right behind you and take it for themselves. Hold on to it as you look around, you can always put it back before you leave if you decide you don’t want it!
3. If you see something you want, but aren’t sure about it, PICK IT UP! If the price is right, BUY IT! You don’t want to end up regretting it, and thinking about it for the rest of the day. “I should have bought that book! It was only 25 cents!” I’ve done that before!
4. Don’t be afraid to make an offer. All they can say is “no”.
5. Start your day early! Pack a few snacks and drinks, and hit the road. You don’t want to miss out on the best deals!
What are your Yard Sale Shopping tips? Please share in the comments below 🙂