Disclosure: Thank you to Pop Secret for sponsoring today’s post and inspiring me to build a pillow fort!
We’ve been having quite a bit of rainy days lately. You know what that means. We have to stay indoors! It can be hard for a 4 year old with tons of energy to stay inside all day. That’s why, we have to make it fun!
Rainy days are perfect for cuddling in bed and watching movies. Today, I decided to make it a little more fun by building a fort. A fort is the perfect spot for watching movies, reading books, and using your imagination. Using pillows, chairs, blankets and a futon mattress we built the perfect fort. My daughter loved it and played inside it all day long. When her big sister came home from school, she joined her in the fort. It’s been a while since we’ve built a fort. Th girls really loved it and I imagine we’ll be building a fort every day. Especially if this rainy weather holds up.
Fort – check! Blankets – check! Movie – check! There was only one thing missing, a yummy snack to eat. What could be better than some Pop Secret Extra Butter Popcorn. It was the perfect addition to our already perfect day. My daughter and I love popcorn, and we devoured the bag in no time. Popcorn always makes a great, quick and easy snack that everyone enjoys.
Now it’s your turn to build a fort for your kids! It’ll keep them busy, and it makes a nice hide out too. You just need a few things and your fort will be built in no time.
1. Choose the perfect spot. We built our fort in my bedroom. It’s right at the foot of my bed in front of the TV. It was the perfect spot as we were able to use the bed as one “wall” of the fort. You also get a great view of the TV since we planned to watch movies from the fort.
2. Gather your building materials. You can use chairs, blankets, sheets, pillows, etc. We have a folding futon mattress which is perfect for fort building.
3. Build your fort. Or as my daughter calls it, her “camp out”. Have your kids help and use your imaginations! No two forts will ever be the same.
4. Make it comfy. Bring in some nice warm blankets for the ground and a few soft pillows. Your kids may want to bring in some toys or stuffed animals too. Make it comfy, so it’s that much more enjoyable!
5. Snacks – Books – Movies. Now that your fort is done and your ready to enjoy it, what do you plan to do inside? Gather some books, choose a movie, and bring in a few snacks to enjoy. Pop Secret Popcorn makes the perfect snack to enjoy in your fort. We chose the Extra Butter Flavor and mixed in some arare (Japanese rice crackers) and chocolate chips. It was delicious! The perfect combination of sweet and salty.
Be sure to head on over to Pop Secret’s Facebook page to get a $1.00 off coupon so you can enjoy your very own box of Pop Secret Popcorn. Also, be sure to submit the pictures of your Pillow Fort to Pop Secrets Facebook Page for a chance to receive a fun prize pack and other surprises!