Being a stay-at-home mom, I’m always looking for ways to make a little extra money. These are two of the ways I earn extra money:
1. Recycle. We recycle our bottles & cans. Although it doesn’t bring in a lot of money, every little bit counts! We get about $15 – $20 a month through recyling.
2. Host Yard Sales. I try to have a yard sale at least once a year. It’s a great way to clear the house of things we don’t really need or use. Unfortunately we don’t live in a very busy area, so we don’t get a very large group of shoppers. But, I usually do okay. At my last yard sale, I made almost $300!
As you can see, I need to find MORE ways to earn money! Here are some of the things I have thought of doing, or have done in the past.
1. Sell Used & Unwanted Items on Craigslist. We used to live in a bigger, more populated area, and I always did well selling items on Craigslist. Since we’ve moved, I’ve sold a few things, but it’ harder to get people to drive all the way over here just to pick up some items. We live in a VERY small town, so most buyers would be from farther away.
2. Childcare in my home. I wouldn’t mind watching another child in my home. It would bring in a steady income, and my little one would have a playmate! Again, the problem with this idea is my location! It’s too far from the other towns to make the drive worthwhile for parents.
3. Sell items on Ebay. I used to make a reasonable profit by selling outgrown kids clothes on ebay. I stopped as the cost of shipping has gone up, but I think I may start doing this again. If you have the right items, even with the higher shipping costs, it’s still possible to make a little extra cash.
4. Be Crafty! Make and sell HANDMADE items. Okay, so I’m not the craftiest person around, but I can try! I used to make tutus for little girls and I sold them on consignment at a local Children’s boutique. I actually made a profit of about $10 per tutu, which is a pretty good amount. I stopped when I had my second daughter because I just didn’t have the time. I may start up again. Or maybe I can think of something else to make?
Do you have any ideas? What are some things YOU do to earn a little extra money? Please Share! 🙂