Getting Healthy – 1 month of INSANITY Workouts, 1 more to go

| August 21, 2012 | 44 Replies

So, it’s been a month since my husband and I started the INSANITY: 60-Day Total Body Conditioning Workout DVD Program.  It actually went by a lot faster than I had expected.  Has it gotten easier? NO, not really!  I really thought it would start to get easier, but I’m still dripping with sweat by the end of my work out.  I do notice some differences though.  For one, in the beginning I would get so tired that I’d have to stop and take breaks a lot more often, or I’d just jog in place instead of doing the workout they were doing because I just couldn’t do it.  I was completely out of shape!  When it came time to stretch, I could barely reach pass my knees, and that’s with my legs spread apart.  Then one day I noticed I could touch the floor!  I also am able to do the exercises with very few breaks in between.  So, although it doesn’t seem easier,  I have gotten better at it.  It’s still a really hard workout, the hardest I’ve ever done.  I’m so proud of myself and my husband for keeping up with it.  I don’t think I’ve ever lasted a month on eating healthy and exercising!   I normally do it for a while, then go back to my old ways.  I can’t believe I haven’t had ANY junk food in a month!  If you know me, you’d know I’m a junk food junkie!  I’d spend the days snacking on junk foods!  No Ice cream and no Dr. Pepper in month, that’s a major accomplishment.  The funny thing is, I don’t crave those things anymore.  I don’t NEED to have it.

I usually start off my day with either some Greek yogurt or whole wheat toast with peanut butter and honey, and some fruit.  For a snack I have more fruit, a smoothie, a Pure Bar or a KIND bar.  Lunch is a turkey wrap or sandwich, or sometimes leftovers from dinner the night before.  Dinners vary from whole wheat pasta, chicken breast cooked different ways, fish and tofu and always with lots of veggies. We also made pizza one night on whole wheat English Muffins!

So, I’m sure you’re wondering if we’ve seen any results with Insanity.  Well, I’m happy to say that YES, both my husband and I have seen great results.  It’s good to know that our hard work is paying off!  When we started the Insanity Program I was 138 lbs. and I weighed myself this morning and found that I lost 8 pounds!  I weighed in at 130 lbs.  Not quite my goal weight, but I’m so close!  I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to lose those last 5 pounds in the next month, 10 pounds would be amazing, but I’ll be happy if I reach 125 lbs.  My husband started off at 198.7, he lost 14 pounds in a month!  He now weighs 184.1.  He’s doing really good and hadn’t expected to lose that much in the first month.

Tomorrow is our rest day followed by one week of recovery.  I’m guessing the recovery week won’t be as strenuous.  After the recovery week is over our second month starts, and I’ve heard the second month is a lot harder than the first!  I’m not exactly looking forward to the harder workouts.  It’s hard enough as it is!  But, I am looking forward to my final results, and I’ll push myself through it because I know the final results will be well worth it!

Here’s our results so far starting from the day we started.  Each week I wasn’t really noticing the differences in the pictures, but when I compare day one with today, I definitely see a difference!

You can read about the start of our Journey HERE.

Want to try Insanity for yourself?  Get it HERE

Looking for part 2, our final results?  Unfortunately you won’t find it, find out why HERE

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tags: , ,

Category: Family, Featured

About the Author ()

Comments (44)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Patty A says:

Hubby and I really want to do this. Glad to know it works.

2. desiree says:

wow you look good adn hope you keep up with it

3. Way to go, I love reading about your success! I’m the same way with stopping and starting over and over. Trying to stay motivated this time around. :)

• malia says:

Thanks! This really is the first time I’m really sticking with it. If you put your mind to it, you can do it! What kinds of workouts are you doing?

4. Tamara says:

You both are looking awesome. Great Job. I have wondered about this. Ill have to talk to the hubby man and see what he has to say.

5. Sofia says:

You both look great!! I so should get back to the gym…argh!

• malia says:

Thanks! I really wish we had a Gym nearby..i’m wondering what I’ll do once this Insanity Program is done! I think I’ll have to invest in an elliptical or treadmill.

6. Angie says:

Great job guys!! Congrats! It has been fun following along with your process! I am so scared to try the Insanity workout but I just might :)

7. Susan Bewley says:

Good job! I know so many people who have done well with this program!

8. Jessica P says:

You both look great! You can definitely tell the difference and the loss of pounds. I’ve been getting into the habit of working out from home because it’s easier than going to the gym and worrying about a sitter. I usually do Taebo DVD’s but have been getting bored. A lot of my friends are on insanity workouts as well but I have always been skeptical if it really works as it says. Now i see it does!

9. Wow! You two look great! You can tell this really is working!

10. Kau'i says:

Good job!

11. Nita says:

I can’t wait to tell my Aunt about this workout.

12. Stephanie Phelps says:

Wow that is amazing. Good for you! You look fantastic!

13. Shan says:

Great work! I’ve been curious about Insanity, since I saw an infomercial. I can’t wait to see your final results!

14. You’re doing awesome, girl!
    I love Dr. Pepper too but now I save it for a very special occasion!

Thanks for linking up with us Women Getting Healthy Together!

15. Sue Invegas says:

You are both doing great with it! Good luck!

16. I need to do this…. Look at your tummy, it looks great :)

17. Denise G says:

Congratulations!! Way to go – to be so close – WOW!!! You can do it!!!

18. michelle says:

wow what a transformation you two look great

19. you are looking great! I can already see that 6 pack! :) Thanks for linking up!

20. How has it been since the month is over? Are you still doing the workout?

21. Krys lee says:

AWW you both look great! It’s always a good idea to workout losing weight or the belly with a friend, loved one or coach! Good for you both!

22. wow great job! A happy and healthy mom is the best gift to a family!

23. MamaBreak says:

Thank you for sharing your journey!

24. julieann r says:

Thanks for sharing….gives me added motivation to keep working at it.

25. Cassandra says:

looks amazing… GREAT job!

26. Jessica Cali says:

This is awesome!! what great results :)

27. Jheylo says:

wow! amazing. this is indeed insane :) keep it up guys. i can see some great results with your persistence in this kind of workout.

28. Bless says:

Way to go for you and your hubby! I and hubby also doing this right now. Although I started a week early than him :-) I am on my third week and same here I thought it will get easier but every time is like the first day :-)

• malia says:

Thanks! We should have been done by now, but still have about 5 says to go. It’s been over a week since we did a workout because hubby started working again and is too tired when he gets home! I really need to finish this :-)

29. jheylo says:

gorgeous and huge improvement. i need to lose weight too.

• malia says:

No :-( unfortunately I stopped about 4 days before I was complete with my second month. My hubby went back to work and by the time he’d get home he was too tired, I couldn’t get motivated to do it alone. At the end I had lost about 12 pounds and my hubby lost 20!

30. Taylor says:

I love Insanity! It is one tough workout. I keep planning on getting it out and using it again because I slacked off